- n. 趋势；倾向；秉性
- [C]倾向,趋势 way a person or thing tends to be or behave
an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others;
"he had an inclination to give up too easily"
"a tendency to be too strict"
an inclination to do something;
"he felt leanings toward frivolity"
a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect;
"the alkaline inclination of the local waters"
"fabric with a tendency to shrink"
a general direction in which something tends to move;
"the shoreward tendency of the current"
"the trend of the stock market"
- There is a tendency towards regional cooperation.
- There is a growing tendency for people to work at home instead of in offices.
- Today there is a tendency for people to opt out of social activity.
- They tried to stop the tendency of inflation.
- She has artistic tendencies.
- She has a strong natural tendency towards caution.
- He has a tendency to forget things.
- There is a tendency to use plastics in place of metals at present.
- Matters have taken a new tendency to〔towards〕 peace.
- Prices continue to show an upward tendency.
Suppressing any tendencies likely to lead to..disorderly forms of life.出自： Isaiah Berlin
She had a tendency to become hysterical if she had to do anything unusual.出自： G. Vidal