- 怂恿，教唆，鼓动，引诱，诱惑，劝诱，利诱，诱导 （某人干不正当的事）
- vt. 吸引 arouse a desire in sb; attract sb
- vt. 劝诱 try to persuade (sb) to do sth wrong or foolish
dispose or incline or entice to;
"We were tempted by the delicious-looking food"
provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion;
"He lured me into temptation"
give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting;
"the window displays tempted the shoppers"
induce into action by using one's charm;
"She charmed him into giving her all his money"
try to seduce
"St. Anthony was tempted in the desert"
- The warm weather tempted us into going for a swim.
- I ought not to have let you tempt me into asking you a rude question.
- Those advertisements try to tempt people into buying their products.
- He was tempted into making a false step.
- He was tempted into a life of crime by greed and laziness.
- How can we tempt young people into engineering?
- Nothing would tempt me to live here.
- Your offer doesn't tempt me at all.
- The football club tried to tempt the player with offers of money.
- Hunger tempted him to steal.
- The Serpent tempted Eve to pick the forbidden fruit.
- Nothing could tempt my husband to change his mind.
- The doctor tempted the patient to eat more.
- I am tempted to take the day off.
- I am tempted to ask where you got the money from.
- I was tempted to call you last night, but I thought you'd probably be asleep.
- tempt from (v.+prep.)
吸引(到); 引诱(到) persuade or attract sb away from sth by offering some kind of reward
tempt sb from sth
It's easy enough to tempt me from my work with a good television film or something else that I enjoy.
They are trying to tempt her from her present job with an offer of more money.
- tempt into (v.+prep.)
吸引; 引诱 persuade or attract sb into sth by offering some kind of reward
tempt sb into sth/v-ing
His ambition tempted him into politics.
They tried to tempt her into staying with offers of promotion.
The warm weather tempted us into going for a swim.
He was tempted into a life of crime by greed and laziness.
He was tempted into making a false step.
The boy claimed that he had been tempted into stealing the jewels with a promise of a good share of the profit.
- tempt to (v.+prep.)
劝说某人吃 persuade sb to eat sth
tempt sb to sth
Can I tempt you to another piece of cake?
- tempt fiendishly〔greatly〕 非常引诱
- tempt insidiously 阴险地引诱
- tempt lewdly 淫荡地引诱
- tempt strongly 强烈地诱惑
- tempt unduly 过分诱人
- tempt unwittingly 不经意地引诱
- tempt viciously 居心不良地引诱
- tempt away 诱走,拐走
- tempt away a boy 诱走男孩
- tempt off 引导…离开
- tempt out 引出
God did tempt Abraham.出自：Bible (AV): Genesis
Nor tempt the wrath of Heav'ns avenging Sire.出自： Pope
- tempt, allure, attract, charm, fascinate
- tempt, allure, decoy, entice, inveigle, lure, seduce
- tempting adj. 吸引人的,诱人的‖temptingly adv. 吸引人地,诱人地