- vt. & vi. 教 help to learn; show how to do
- vi. 教书 give lessons in a subject
an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718)
impart skills or knowledge to;
"I taught them French"
"He instructed me in building a boat"
accustom gradually to some action or attitude;
"The child is taught to obey her parents"
- I taught her to ride a bicycle.
- His parents employed a tutor to teach him Greek.
- Parents should teach their children table manners.
- I've been invited to teach Chinese at the University of New York for one year.
- I'll teach you to call me a liar!
- My purpose is to teach them a lesson.
- I am going to teach until my son can earn money.
- It is one thing to learn, and another to teach.
- She's decided to teach.
- Where does he teach?
- I have a book that teaches easily.
- This course teaches easily.
- Both of her parents teach at a middle school.
- My husband teaches at a local school.
- He teaches for a living.
- Who teaches these children?
- He teaches foreigners.
- Nobody taught me,I learnt it by myself.
- What are you teaching this term?
- He has been teaching mathematics for more than twenty years.
- He teaches both physics and chemistry.
- The boy must be taught.
- I was taught by Mr. Green.
- English is taught in the school.
- He was well taught in many things.
- He was taught by this incident.
- Some schools also teach swimming and skating.
- The Bible teaches that we should all love each other.《
- He taught that wars can be just or unjust.
- This will teach you to speak the truth.
- That'll teach you to go out without an umbrella.
- I wish someone would teach him not to drive as he did.
- I will teach you to spoil our good name.
- Mr. Smith teaches us French.
- I taught myself German.
- Please teach us the words of the song.
- The experience taught him a good lesson.
- The burns Tom got from playing with matches taught him a lesson.
- That would teach them a little courtesy.
- Our experience teaches us our limitations.
- He was taught a lesson for it.
- He teaches chemistry to the students.
- Will you teach English to me?
- She is teaching the piano to several of the village children.
- I found a job teaching English to a group of adults in Paris.
- He taught the boy how to build a small boat.
- The worker taught them how to build a canoe.
- She taught us how to knit.
- I taught him how to do the job.
- The older children are teaching the young ones how to read.
- All this taught us how to deal with the enemy.
- They must be taught how to use their speech organs.
- Experience has taught her that it is dangerous to do it.
- Mother often teaches me that I must not show my feelings.
- Facts taught us that genuine knowledge comes from practice.
- It has taught us that unity means strength.
- I was taught that two sides of a triangle were greater than the third.
- He taught them where they could gather the medicinal herbs.
- Tom taught us where we could find the best mushrooms.
- The teacher is teaching his students to read.
- Tom had taught me to drive.
- The girl taught me to sing the song.
- He teaches us to serve the people heart and soul.
- Who taught you to ride a bicycle?
- He will teach his boy to swim.
- He has taught his dog to perform some clever tricks.
- Soldiers are taught to obey orders.
- He taught me playing table tennis.
- teach a person 教某人
- teach a subject 教一门课
- teach boys 教孩子们
- teach English 教英语
- teach German 教德语
- teach history 教历史
- teach mathematics 教数学
- teach prepositions 教介词
- teach sb a lesson 给某人一个教训
- teach student 教学生
- teach the pupils 教小学生
- teach competently 胜任教学工作
- teach conscientiously 教学认真
- teach dispassionately 冷静地教学
- teach easily 容易教
- teach effectually 教学有效果
- teach exclusively 限制严格地教学
- teach explicitly 讲授清楚
- teach extensively 泛讲
- teach laboriously 辛苦地教学
- teach poorly 教学质量差
- teach professionally 职业教育
- teach scrupulously 教学一丝不苟
- teach strictly 严格教学
- teach systematically 系统讲授
- teach wrongly 教错
- teach zealously 教学热情
Go on teaching Heart of Darkness with Achebe's essay as accompaniment.出自：Times Literary Supplement
The British Council is concentrating..on retraining redundant teachers of Russian to teach English.出自：New Scientist
- teach既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,可接名词、代词、动名词或从句作宾语,也可接双宾语,其直接宾语可由名词、带疑问词的动词不定式或that/wh-从句充当; 其间接宾语可转换为介词to的宾语。teach还可接由动词不定式或动名词充当补足语的复合宾语。
- teach后可接“sb+to- v ”结构。作“教(导)某人做…”解时,动词不定式是宾语补足语; 作“因做某事而教训某人”解时,动词不定式是原因状语,这时常与will连用。
- teach, teach school
- Miss Yang is teaching at a school in Bei- jing.(BrE)
- Miss Yang is teaching school in Beijing.
- teach, coach, educate, instruct, school, train, tutor
- 1.teach的概念最广泛,意义最普通,可以指讲授一门课程,也可指传授一种技能,也可能仅指帮助别人能解决一些问题或处理事情。而instruct, educate, train和school则各有其侧重点。instruct强调的是“系统性”; educate强调的是“总体性”; train强调的是“方向性”,而school强调的则是“严格性”。现分述如下：
- Dr. Williams instructs classes in algebra.威廉博士教代数课。
- The poor boy had to educate himself in the evening after finishing his work.这可怜的孩子只有在工作完以后的晚上自学。
- Some schools teach, but fail to educate their students.有些学校只教给学生知识,却忽略了育人。
- We are educated under the Party.我们受党的教育。
- ③train指的“教育”带有明显的方向性,或者造就某方面需要的人才,或者是训练某种特殊技能,以达到体力极佳、智力极强、反应极敏锐,从而迅速地胜任某种工作、任务或参加某比赛,也可以用于驯服动物或使植物向某方向生长。在训练方法上, train指由易到难,循序渐进,在这一点上与instruct有些接近。例如:
- They were trained as animal doctors in this school.他们在这所学校里得到训练,成为兽医。
- He is specially trained for this kind of work.为了胜任这种工作,他曾受过特殊训练。
- The old farmer trained his horse to do farm work for him.老农夫训练他的马为他干农活。
- Mother tried to train the vines over the porch.母亲想引导葡萄藤爬到门廊上面。
- She was schooled in foreign languages.她在外语方面受到过严格训练。
- His father was schooled in Harvard.他的父亲是在哈佛大学受教育的。
- The parents schooled their children in politeness.家长们严格教育子女们讲礼貌。
- He was schooled by life itself.生活本身锻炼了他。
- 2.teach和instruct在用法上也不同, teach接sb sth; 而instruct接sb in sth。试比较下面两个句子：
- Mr. Smith taught us English.
- Mr. Smith instructed us in English.
- 另外,两词接to- v 时意思也不同：teach sb to- v 的意思是“教某人做某事”,而instruct sb to- v 的意思是命令或通知某人做某事。例如:
- He taught us to run the machine.他教我们开机器。
- We are instructed when to start.已有人通知我们何时出发。
- I'll coach some of the students this evening.今晚我要辅导几个学生。
- He is coaching a basketball team.他正在指导一个篮球队。
- The teacher tutors him to play the piano.这位教师教他弹钢琴。
- I offered to tutor him in English.我建议替他补习英文。
- He taught me to dance.
- He taught me how to dance.
- He taught me dancing.
- He is teaching at a school.
- He is teaching in a school.
- My brother taught us not to lie.
- When I catch that boy,I'll teach him to tell lies to me.
- 要是我抓到那个小孩,我要好好治治 他,看他还敢不敢对我说谎。
误 She taught her child read.
正 She taught her child to read.
析 “教某人做某事”应为teach sb to do sth,不定式符号to在这里不能省略。她不喜欢教阅读。
误 She doesn't enjoy teaching to read.
正 She doesn't enjoy teaching reading.
误 I decided to teach my young brother lesson after I caught him hurting my cat.
正 I decided to teach my young brother a lesson after I caught him hurting my cat.
析 teach sb a lesson意为“教训某人”,属固定结构,其中a不可省略。她在幼儿园教书。
误 She teaches a kindergarten.
正 She teaches in a kindergarten.
析 误句意为“她教幼儿园”,事实上教的只能是“人”,不能是表地点的名词。在某处教某人(或教书)应表示为teach (sb) in ...。