- [U] 力,力气,力量,实力 the quality of being strong or powerful
- [C] 强度,浓度 intensity; concentration
- [C] 强点,长处 sth providing force or power
- [U] 人力,人数,兵力 force, especially measured in numbers
the property of being physically or mentally strong;
"fatigue sapped his strength"
capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war;
"we faced an army of great strength"
"politicians have neglected our military posture"
physical energy or intensity;
"he hit with all the force he could muster"
"it was destroyed by the strength of the gale"
"a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man"
an asset of special worth or utility;
"cooking is his forte"
the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty;
"the strength of his argument settled the matter"
the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation);
"he adjusted the intensity of the sound"
"they measured the station's signal strength"
capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects;
"the toxin's potency"
"the strength of the drinks"
the condition of financial success;
"the strength of the company's stock in recent weeks"
permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force;
"they advertised the durability of their products"
- I have hardly enough strength left to move my feet.
- In this game, you need more science than strength.
- By doing so, you can test the strength of steel.
- She prayed for strength in her troubles.
- Tolerance is one of her many strengths.
- His strength ran out.
- For a small man he has surprising strength.
- It's going to be some time before I recover my full strength.
- He is a man of great strength.
- It's a show of strength.
- She has spent her strength without doing anything useful.
- He is saving his strength for the heavy work he'll have to do this afternoon.
- He succeeded by strength of will alone.
- Their company's economic strength is phenomenal.
- Our financial independence enables us to argue from a position of strength.
- The houselights came up slowly to half strength.
- They were doubtful about the strength of the new bridge.
- The strength of feeling on this issue is considerable.
- The strength of the solution is 1/100.
- Is your tea the right strength?
- Mike can get this drug in various strengths.
- His strength as a general lay in his ability to gain the respect of his men.
- The great strength of her plan is that it's so cheap compared to the others.
- These were the strengths and weaknesses of his argument.
- What strengths and weaknesses did you find in her?
- What is the total strength of the enemy army?
- What is the strength of the work force?
- at full strength
未稀释的,定额 undiluted, or having the required number〔complement〕
- go from strength to strength
不断壮大 continue to improve
- in strength
大量地 in large numbers
- on the strength
〈非正〉在编制内,是正式成员 being a member of an organization, company, armed force, etc.
- on the strength of
基于,依据 on the base of sth; relying on (a fact, sb's advice, etc.)
- add strength to 给…增加力量
- build up the strength 增加力量
- concentrate all strength on 把全部力量集中在…上
- develop one's strength 增强体力
- draw strength 吸取力量
- find strength 发现实力
- gain strength 获得力量
- gather all one's strength 使出全部力量
- give strength to 给…力量
- have strength 有力量,有力气
- increase the strength 增加力量
- keep up one's strength 保持力量
- lose strength 丧失气力
- maintain strength 保存实力
- save strength 省力
- use one's strength 竭尽所能
- weaken strength 削弱力量
- measure the strength of 测量…的强度
- test the strength of 试验…的强度
- effective strength 实际人数,有生力量
- financial strength 财力
- frightening strength 令人害怕的力量
- full strength 最大的力气
- great strength 巨大的力量
- growing strength 日益发展着的力量,崛起的力量
- increasing strength 日益增长的力量
- national strength 国力
- overall strength 综合力量
- physical strength 体力
- psychological strength(s) 心理作用
- alcoholic strength 酒精浓度
- compressive strength 抗压强度
- at strength 在规定人数上
- at full strength 足额
- below strength 不足规定人数的
- beyond human strength 非人力所及
- from strength to strength 不断壮大,越来越强大
- in strength 在实力上
- equal sb in strength 力量和某人相匹敌
- in full strength 全体
- man of great strength 力气大的人
- show of strength 力量的显示
- on the strength of 凭着,依靠…
- up to strength 达到规定人数的
- with all one's strength 用全力
- with main strength 尽全力
He wished he had the strength of a giant.出自： M. Das
- at full strength的意思是“未稀释的,定额”; go from strength to strength的意思是“不断壮大”; in strength的意思是“大量地”; on the strength的意思是“在编”; on the strength of的意思是“基于,依据,凭着”。
We have alcohol of different strengths.
- strength, energy, force, might, power, vigour
- A car needs a lot of power to go fast.汽车高速行驶需要很大动力。
- Every normal, healthy person has power to think.每一个正常、健康的人都有思维能力。
- He hasn't got enough strength to get out of bed.他没有足够的力气下床。
- At last his strength gave out.他的体力终于不支了。
- He has strength of character.他性格坚强。
- Union is strength.团结就是力量。
- We had to use force to get into the house.我们不得不强行进屋。
- Some of them forced their way into our office.他们中有些人强行进入我们的办公室。
- His arguments forced them to admit he was right.他的论据迫使他们承认他是对的。
- The thief forced her to hand over the money.贼强迫她把钱交出来。
- The army fought bravely, but it was crushed by the might of its powerful enemy.军队勇敢地战斗,但最终还是被敌人强大的势力所摧垮。
- They would have little chance to survive against our might.在我们的强大力量面前,他们几乎无法继续生存下去。
- The work was so difficult that it was beyond my might.这项工作太难了,它超出了我的能力。
- The competition is strong and we must study with all our might.竞争是强有力的,我们须尽全力地学习。
- He is full of vigour.他充满了活力。
- power指身体上、精神上或心理上的力量, 不管是表现出来的还是潜在的。
- strength指内部固有的力量，表示物质力量时，着重体格或构造健全、完善等方面的力量, 如体力强度等；表示精神力量时, 指持久、坚定、无畏、坚韧等。
误 His mother had no strength on him.
正 His mother had no influence on him.
析 说“对某人有影响〔作用〕”要用had influence on sb,而不能用strength。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的strengthu；最初源自原始日耳曼语的strangitho，意为权力，力量。