increase in extent or intensity;
"The Allies escalated the bombing"
"let's rev up production"
make oneself visible; take action;
"Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
- I hope you try to get them to step up production.
- The national debts of that country are rolling up.
- They have speeded up production.
- Clew the three sails up, we need to go faster.
- He will be promoted step by step.
- He is moving up in the company very quickly.
- The nose of the rocket heated up on reentry.
- They keyed a piano up to concert pitch.
- They have stepped up warnings about slack lending standards.
- We will bravely step forward to support the just struggle.
- step up 增加