- [C] [U] 才干，高境界，高水平 the degree to which sb is admired or regarded as important and influential,based on their proved worth
- [C] [U] 身高，身材 a person's natural height
high level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement;
"a man of great stature"
(of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
- She was rather small in stature.
- He is five feet five inches in stature/height.
- She had not yet grown to full stature.
- He is a musician of world stature.
- She is an artist of great stature.
- The air weapon has now at last begun to attain its full stature.
- Time has devalued his stature as a play writer.
- She advanced in stature.
- Thomas Jefferson was a man of great stature.
He wanted to give prose the strength and stature of poetry.出自： J. Barnes