directly and without evasion; not roundabout;
"to face a problem squarely"
"the responsibility lies squarely with them"
"spoke forthright (or forthrightly) and to the point"
in a straight direct way;
"looked him squarely in the eye"
"ran square into me"
firmly and solidly;
"hit the ball squarely"
"the bat met the ball squarely"
"planted his great bulk square before his enemy"
in a square shape;
"a squarely cut piece of paper"
"folded the sheet of paper square"
with firmness and conviction; without compromise;
"he stood foursquare for religious liberty and toleration"
"dealt straightforwardly with all issues"
- You try to form it squarely, don't you?
- His hat was set squarely on his head.
- The responsibility lies squarely with them.
- I am confident that the Congress will face these responsibilities squarely.
- He dealt squarely with his customers.
A nice easy pace with the rider sitting squarely to the horse.出自： E. Baird