- vt. & vi. 喷 throw or force out in very small drops on face, person, field of crops
- [U] [C] 浪花,飞沫 water in very small drops blown from the sea, a waterfall, a wet road surface, etc.
- [C] 喷雾 liquid to be sprayed out under pressure
a pesticide in suspension or solution; intended for spraying
a quantity of small objects flying through the air;
"a spray of bullets"
flower arrangement consisting of a single branch or shoot bearing flowers and foliage
a dispenser that turns a liquid (such as perfume) into a fine mist
water in small drops in the atmosphere; blown from waves or thrown up by a waterfall
a jet of vapor
be discharged in sprays of liquid;
"Water sprayed all over the floor"
scatter in a mass or jet of droplets;
"spray water on someone"
"spray paint on the wall"
cover by spraying with a liquid;
"spray the wall with paint"
- He sprayed paint on the wall.
- We should spray some hairspray on your hair.
- Please spray some water on the flower.
- The gangsters sprayed the car with machinegun bullets.
- I've lost my throat spray.
- This spray will exterminate the termites.
- It's better to buy a non-aerosol spray.
- We parked the car by the sea and it got covered with spray.
- A cloud of fine spray came up from the waterfall.
- Water sprayed out all over me.
- He is spraying insecticide.
- We were wet with the sea spray.
- The liquid came out of the bottle in a spray.
- spray on( v.+prep. )
把…喷在…上scatter (liquid) on (sth) in fine drops produced under pressure
spray sth on sb/sth
A passing car sprayed mud on our clothes.
- spray with( v.+prep. )
用…喷在…上cover (sth/sb) with a fine scattering of (a liquid) produced under pressure
spray sb/sth with sth
He sprayed the furniture with paint yesterday.
The front of the house had been sprayed with white paint.
- spray with water 用水喷
- throw spray 喷出水花
- the blinding spray 炫目的水花
- the spray of a waterfall 瀑布的水花
Thrush and robin perched mute on spray.出自： W. de la Mare
The salt spray of the ocean was blown upon it.出自： R. Buchanan
Another Renault flashed past and blinded the windscreen with spray.出自： J. Barnes
- spray, bough, branch, shoot, twig
- 1.branch为树枝的统称; twig指大树枝的细枝、嫩枝; shoot指植物的芽、嫩枝、新梢、苗; spray尤指有叶有花的树枝、花枝。
- 2.branch不分大小粗细; bough比较大; shoot最幼小; spray比shoot稍大、稍长一点。
- He broke off a branch.
- They built their small shelter with boughs.
- A few tender shoots of green had started to appear.
- Dry twigs are good to start a fire with.