the comfort you feel when consoled in times of disappointment;
"second place was no consolation to him"
comfort in disappointment or misery
the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction;
"his presence was a consolation to her"
give moral or emotional strength to
- The sick man found solace in music.
- I'm afraid he took his solace in drink.
- His work has been a real solace to him.
- I usually solace myself with music.
- I don't know how to solace his grief.
I saw Rosie suffer and my only solace was that I suffered with her.出自： R. K. Narayan
He sought solace in the company of friends.出自： M. Coren
Such dreams are given..To solace them that mourn.出自： J. Wilson