- [U]灵感 stimulation of the mind, feelings, etc. to do sth beyond a person's usual ability
- [C]鼓舞人心的人〔事物〕 person or thing that causes this state
- [C]〈口〉突然想出的好主意; 妙计 a sudden good idea
arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity
a product of your creative thinking and work;
"he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists"
"after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality"
a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
(theology) a special influence of a divinity on the minds of human beings;
"they believe that the books of Scripture were written under divine guidance"
arousing to a particular emotion or action
the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
- Many poets and artists have drawn their inspiration from nature.
- Her speeches have ever been a fount of inspiration to her audiences.
- His wife was a constant inspiration to him.
- Let's give mutual support and inspiration to each other.
- The process of respiration involves two major processes: inspiration and expiration.
- He received his inspiration in his dream.
- These events provided the inspiration for his first novel.
- You can't write without inspiration.
- He was an inspiration to all who knew him.
- He had a sudden inspiration, and all of us were relieved.
- inspiration to 对…的鼓舞
The early Fathers teach us that Inspiration is an operation of the Holy Spirit acting through men.出自： B. F. Westcott