- n. (球场)边线；副业；附带出售的商品
- v. 使退出比赛；把…排挤在核心之外
a line that marks the side boundary of a playing field
an auxiliary line of merchandise
an auxiliary activity
remove from the center of activity or attention; place into an inferior position;
"The outspoken cabinet member was sidelined by the President"
- The ball went beyond the sideline.
- He was forced out of the sideline.
- Teaching English is my sideline.
- Actually I'm a teacher, my writing is just a sideline.
- He is a fruit farmer; he keeps hens as a sideline.
- The player has been sidelined by a knee injury.
- The vice-president is increasingly being sidelined.
- Gallo had tried to sideline Montagnier's contribution.
Smuggling to prisoners was the guards' sideline.出自： Malcolm X
- avocation <古>娱乐
- hobby 业余爱好
- put aside 储存
- shelve 放在架子上
- put off 不安
- put on the back burner (问题)暂时搁置一旁...
- relegate 使降级
- demote 降级
- exclude 排除
- downgrade 使降低
- lay off 解雇
- pastime 消遣
- offshoot 分枝
- secondary activity (限制酶的)次级活性...
- second job 第二职业
- byproduct 副产品
- spin-off 副产品
- spinoff 伴随的结果(有用的副产品...
- pursuit 追求
- out of bounds 越界
- by-line (报刊文章首、尾处的)作...