- 定居,安家,过安定的生活; 平静下来,(夜色)降临
settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground;
"dust settled on the roofs"
become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style;
"He finally settled down"
become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation;
"After the fight both men need to cool off."
"It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
- She must settle down to write an article.
- It's hard to get down to work after a nice holiday.
- He kicked about a great deal before settling down.
- His uncle chose to settle in the countryside.
- settle down 安下心来