- We even went to separate school fairs and our sports teams and outdoor activities such as scouting were organised on sectarian lines.
- During Khon Konchog Gyalpo's time, they felt it was necessary to start a separate school, so they concealed all the ancient teachings and started the Sakya order.
- Black children were educated in separate schools from the white children.
- Separate schools for ethnic groups, though permissible in law, were not supported either.
- In 1942, 98% of southern whites told pollsters that blacks and whites should attend separate schools, and 96% favoured segregated buses.
- The busy road outside the school is a menace.