- 使接受， 使人相信
- vt. & vi. 卖,售,销 give sth for money
- vt. 经销; 推销 have a stock of sth for sale; persuade sb to buy sth
- vt. 使人买,将…卖出 make people want to buy; cause sth to be sold
- vi. 被出售,有销路,有人买 be sold; find buyers
- vt. 使…相信 make sb believe that sb/sth is good or true
- vt. 接受贿赂、报酬等而做坏事 accept a bribe, reward, etc. for doing sth bad
- vt. 欺骗 cheat
- [S] 欺骗; 失望 a deception; disappointment
- [U] 卖,销售 the act or an instance of selling
the activity of persuading someone to buy;
"it was a hard sell"
exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent;
"He sold his house in January"
"She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit"
be sold at a certain price or in a certain way;
"These books sell like hot cakes"
persuade somebody to accept something;
"The French try to sell us their image as great lovers"
do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood;
"She deals in gold"
"The brothers sell shoes"
give up for a price or reward;
"She sold her principles for a successful career"
be approved of or gain acceptance;
"The new idea sold well in certain circles"
be responsible for the sale of;
"All her publicity sold the products"
deliver to an enemy by treachery;
"Judas sold Jesus"
"The spy betrayed his country"
- Her name will help to sell the film.
- The group's record has sold millions.
- I'd like to buy your house if you are willing to sell it.
- Are artists who work in advertising selling themselves?
- It is not price but quality that sells our shoes.
- Merchants buy and sell.
- If you are willing to sell,I'll buy.
- Our products sell in many countries in the world.
- Ice-cream sells best in (the) summer.
- The new-type TV set sells well.
- It can sell high.
- Goods of that quality will never sell.
- Do you sell needles?
- Do you sell stamps?
- He sold his car because he needed money.
- This shop sells a wide variety of goods.
- This record has sold over a million copies.
- Good news sells newspapers.
- He sold them to the police.
- The traitor sold his country for money.
- Such people are ready to sell their souls.
- British cars are sold in nearly every country in the world.
- He realized he had been sold.
- John sold Mary his bicycle.
- He sold me this car at the price of 420 pounds.
- We sold them some fertilizer.
- I take it he wants to sell us some stuff.
- Can you sell the boss your plan?
- He tried to sell me a lie about losing his wallet.
- I sold my house to him.
- It is easy to sell goods to children.
- They sold their pictures to an art dealer.
- We are thinking of selling the house to a building firm.
- He sold them to the enemy.
- Will they be able to sell their ideas to the voters?
- What an excuse!You'll never sell that to anyone.
- John's house was sold to a Frenchman.
- Don't sell yourself short when you go for an interview.
- When you say John is inefficient,I think you're selling him short.
- Don't sell the team short; the players are better than you think.
- You were selling it short when you said that the restaurant was quite good—it's excellent.
- Take care that you don't sell his suggestion short, it could save the firm a lot of money.
- Would you like a career in selling?
- It's a real sell; the food seems cheap but you pay extra for vegetables.
- The prize was supposed to be a free trip to Europe, but it turned out to be just a picture book of London.What a sell!
- sell at〔for〕( v.+prep. )
以…价格出售 give in exchange at a particular price
sell at〔for〕 sth
Eggs sell at 60 cents a dozen.
Each duck sells for five yuan .
每只鸭售价5元。sell sth at〔for〕 sth
I sold my new bicycle at half price.
I'll sell it to you for ￡5.
He sold the house for $50,000.
- sell by( v.+prep. )
按…出售 give in exchange through sth
sell sth by sth
The shop sells goods by retail.
They sell it by the pound.
- sell off( v.+adv. )
廉价销售 sell at a low price
sell sth ⇔ off
He has sold off his business.
The department store is selling off its summer stock.
We're selling off these tins of fruit at reduced prices because they're slightly damaged.
The shopkeeper had too many cucumbers and had to sell them off cheap to get rid of them.
The store is selling off their old television sets to make room for the latest models.
Everything has been sold off to pay his debts.
The rest of the goods will be sold off at greatly reduced prices.
- sell on( v.+prep. )
〈非正〉说服; 赞成,赞许 persuade; accept sth; believe that it is good
sell sb on sth
We tried to sell the toy manufacturer on our new kind of plastic.
If you can sell the chairman on your plan, the rest of the committee will quickly agree .
Are the workers sold on the idea of profit-sharing?
I like the house but I'm not sold on the area.
I'm completely sold on the idea; I think it's a brilliant suggestion.
Is the director completely sold on the idea of combining the two firms?
- sell out( v.+adv. )
〈非正〉背叛,出卖 be disloyal or unfaithful to; betray
I've decided to sell out and go and live in the country.
我决定卖掉股份,去乡村生活。sell sth ⇔ out
She had decided to sell out her share of the company and retire.
The shop has sold out of bread and won't have any more until tomorrow.
商店里的面包已售完,要到明天才有供应。sell out sth
The shop sold out all its shirts.
He sold out his shop and moved to Cornwall.
This wardrobe has been sold out.
The shirts were cheap and sold out fast.
The new commemorative stamps are all sold out.
A sign on the box-office window says “All Sold Out”.
He was a good writer, but he sold out and now just writes for money.
The union leaders were accused of selling out to the employers.
Those who sell out to the enemy should be severely punished.
投降者应受严惩。sell sb ⇔ out
They've sold us out by agreeing to work during the strike.
He was sold out by a traitor and arrested.
他被叛徒出卖而被捕了。sell out sth
They accused him of selling out the interests of the people.
Soon they began to sell out their country's sovereignty and independence.
The country has sold out its principles in yielding to the demands of a military power.
- sell up( v.+adv. )
变卖财产; 卖光 sell what one owns; sell all one's goods
I shall have to sell up to pay all my debts.
I'll just have to sell up now to get some ready cash.
I'm thinking of selling up and leaving the country.
After farming for ten years, he sold up and went to Canada.
- hard sell
硬推销术 aggressive way of selling sth
- sell bikes 出售自行车
- sell books 卖书
- sell car 卖车
- sell goods 销售货物
- sell meat 卖肉
- sell needles 卖针
- sell new car 使新车得以卖出
- sell newspapers 有助于报纸的畅销
- sell one's country 出卖祖国
- sell one's friends 出卖朋友
- sell one's honour 出卖荣誉
- sell one's soul 出卖灵魂
- sell sb some fertilizer 卖给某人一些肥料
- sell stamps 出售邮票
- sell again 又上了一次当
- sell best 销路好,好卖
- sell cheap 售价便宜
- sell dear 高价出售
- sell direct 直接出售
- sell high 卖高价
- sell outright 当场售出
- sell piecemeal 一件一件地出售
- sell retail 零售
- sell short 卖空
- sell very fast 销路好,好卖
- sell well 销路良好
- sell wholesale 批发
- sell briskly 销路很好
- sell easily 轻而易举地售出
- sell immediately 立即售出
- sell intelligently 明智地销售
- sell irregularly 不规则地出售
- sell languidly 销售缓慢
- sell largely 大量售出
- sell legitimately 合法销售
- sell openly 公开售出
- sell poorly 销路不好
- sell privately 私下卖给
- sell profitably 有利可图地出售
- sell quickly 销售迅速
- sell really 销路好
- sell smartly 销路很好
- sell sparingly 少量售出
- sell away 卖掉
- sell off 卖掉,让出
- sell out 卖光,卖掉,背叛,出卖
- sell out one's property 出售房产
- sell out shirts 卖掉衬衫
- sell up 卖光,为偿债而变卖
- sell at 以…价出售
- sell at a loss 亏本出售
- sell at bargain 廉价出售,大减价
- sell at fixed prices 按固定价格出售
- sell at one pound each 按一英镑一个出售
- sell at three for per yuan 按每元三个出售
- sell below cost 亏本出售
- sell by 按…出售
- sell by auction 拍卖
- sell by dozen 按打出售
- sell by weight 按重量卖
- sell by yard 按码卖
- sell sb down the river 欺骗某人
- sell for 以(多少钱)卖出
- sell for a good price 卖个好价钱
- sell for a song 以极低的价格出售,大拍卖
- sell for ten pounds 卖十镑
- sell in 按…出售
- sell in bottles 按瓶出售
- sell in gross 批发
- sell in small lots 一小份一小份地出售
- sell like hot cakes 畅销
- sell on trust 赊销
- sell through a commission merchant 通过代理商出售
- sell to the trade 卖给同行
- sell under prime cost 低于原价出售
- sell under the counter 私下出售,非法出售
- sell without any profit 保本出售
- switch sell 转换推销法
- sole right of sell 独家经销权
The whole explanation was simply an elaborate sell.出自： B. Stoker
It'll be an awful sell if at the end..you've made a hash of it.出自： W. S. Maugham
There were traitors in the Turkish ranks,..the Turkish Army was more or less sold.出自： G. J. W. Wolseley
- sell out的意思是“出售股份”“脱销”; sell up的意思是“变卖财产”“卖光”。
- sell at, sell for
- sell at和sell for都表示“以…价格出售”。其区别是：
- at表示单价, for表示总价。
误 He sold his car for a year.
正 He sold his car a year ago.
正 It is a year since he sold his car.
误 Our product sells good in 32 countries in the world.
正 Our product sells well in 32 countries in the world.
正 Our product has a ready sale in 32 countries in the world.
析 表示“畅销”,可说sell well,也可说have a ready sale〔ready market,good market〕,不可说sell good。他的汽车卖了2000美元。
误 He sold his car by $2000.
正 He sold his car for $2000.我们按斤售肉。
误 We sell the meat at jin .
正 We sell the meat by jin .
误 The book is sold well.
正 The book sells well.
析 表示“某物出售情况如何”时, sell为不及物动词,其主语只能是物,不能是人,而不用被动结构。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sellan，意为给；最初源自原始日耳曼语的salijanan，意为出手，转送。