- n. 贸易；交易；行业；同行；顾客；营业额；交易量
- v. 做生意；从事贸易；购物；营业；(在证券交易所)交易；交换
- [U]贸易,商业,买卖 exchange of goods or services for money or other goods
- [C]行业,生意 business of a particular kind
- [C]谋生手段,手艺,职业 way of making a living, especially a job that involves making sth; occupation
- vt. & vi. 交易; 经商 buy and sell things; exchange; barter
the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services;
"Venice was an important center of trade with the East"
"they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade"
the skilled practice of a practical occupation;
"he learned his trade as an apprentice"
the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers;
"even before noon there was a considerable patronage"
a particular instance of buying or selling;
"it was a package deal"
"I had no further trade with him"
"he's a master of the business deal"
people who perform a particular kind of skilled work;
"he represented the craft of brewers"
"as they say in the trade"
steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator;
"they rode the trade winds going west"
an equal exchange;
"we had no money so we had to live by barter"
engage in the trade of;
"he is merchandising telephone sets"
turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase;
"trade in an old car for a new one"
be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions;
"The stock traded around $20 a share"
exchange or give (something) in exchange for
do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood;
"She deals in gold"
"The brothers sell shoes"
- China does a lot of trade with many countries.
- There has been some shrinkage in our export trade.
- He started his daughter up in the trade.
- They offer discounts to the trade(= to people who are working in the same business).
- That department store has a lot of trade.
- Trade was very good last month.
- I refuse to trade with that company again.
- He trades in silk.
- I used to trade at that store.
- The firm has now ceased trading.
- Shares were trading at under half their usual value.
- My deskmate wanted to trade his pen for my book.
- trade at (v.+prep.)
在…买东西 buy goods at (usually a particular shop)
trade at sth
They are trading at a store.
Which store do you usually trade at?
- trade for (v.+prep.)
用…换 exchange sth by sth
trade sth for sth
The boy traded his skates for a cricket bat.
The early settlers traded copper for corn.
I would love to trade this car for a pickup truck.
They landed on the island and traded knives for gold dust.
Early European visitors to the North of Canada traded manufactured goods for furs and skins.
He traded a job in New York City for the life of a cowboy.
- trade in1 (v.+adv.)
折价换取 surrender sth in part-exchange when buying sth else
trade sth ⇔ in
They trade in their car every three years.
I have traded my old radio in for a transistor.
The gas company is offering fifty pounds off a new cooker if you trade in your old one.
- trade in2 (v.+prep.)
出售,经营 sell a certain kind of goods; engage in sth
trade in sth
They traded in fruit and vegetables.
- trade off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉交换物品或人 exchange one thing or people for another
trade sb/sth ⇔ off
The two armies agreed to trade off their prisoners.
They traded off horses hundreds of miles from home.
- trade on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
(不公正地)利用 take (unfair) advantage of sth
trade on〔upon〕 sth
The senator's son traded on his father's name when he ran for mayor.
They traded on his credulity.
I'm tired of the way in which he trades on your generosity and I think it is time you put an end to it.
- trade with (v.+prep.)
与…进行贸易〔交换〕 have dealings with sb; change with sb
trade with sb/sth
We don't trade with that company.
We trade with many countries in industrial and agricultural products.
China now trades with more than 130 countries.
He wanted to change his days off and got a fellow worker to trade with him.
他想换休,找一位同事和他对调。trade sth with sb
Rosa traded seats with Cage.
- advance trade 发展贸易
- build up trade 发展商业
- carry on trade 经商,做生意
- develop trade 发展商业
- do a trade 进行贸易,做生意
- encourage trade 鼓励贸易
- engage in trade 做买卖
- expand trade 扩大贸易
- go into trade 经商
- lose trade 失去生意,失去贸易机会
- open up trade 开发贸易
- promote trade 促进贸易
- restrict trade 限制贸易
- enter a trade 步入某一行业
- follow a trade 从事一种职业
- give up a trade 放弃一种职业
- learn a trade 学一门手艺
- play a trade 从事某一行业
- practice a trade 从事某一行业
- take up a trade 从事一种职业
- fair trade 公平贸易
- foreign trade 对外贸易,国际贸易
- free trade 自由贸易
- international trade 对外贸易,国际贸易
- large trade 大宗生意
- lively trade 生意兴隆
- overseas trade 对外贸易
- border trade 边境贸易
- drug trade 毒品贸易
- export trade 出口贸易
- slave trade 奴隶买卖
- transit trade 过境贸易,转口贸易
- service trade 服务行业
- the news trade 新闻业
- trade extensively 大量地做生意
- trade away 卖掉,换掉
- trade down 以高价物品交换廉价物品
- trade off 轮流,交替
- trade out 出卖
- trade out principles 出卖原则
- trade up 将手中的东西折价换取更重要的同类东西
- trade at the store 在商店买东西
- trade sth for a hat 用…换一顶帽子
- trade sth for a new bicycle 把…折价换新自行车
- trade sth for a spoon 用…换一把勺子
- trade sth for another thing 以…换取另一物
- trade in bicycles 做自行车生意
- trade in furs 做毛皮生意
- trade in grain 经营粮食
- trade in matches 经营火柴
- trade in iron and steel 经营钢铁
- trade in salt 贩卖盐
- trade in sewing machines 经营缝纫机
- trade with a firm 和公司做生意
- trade with a shopkeeper 和店主做生意
- trade with various countries 与好几个国家做生意
A refreshment tent..is doing a roaring trade in halves of scrumpy.出自：Country Homes
There was no black market or street trade in any psychiatric drugs.出自： J. Masson
The British established a rich trade with Portugal for this..wine.出自：People
An illegal..weapons trade is growing.出自：Time
They traded with profit only to China.出自： H. H. Wilson