- [C] [U] 满意,满足,实现 feeling of contentment felt when one has or achieves what one needs or desires; fulfillment of sth
- [U] 赔偿物,补偿 sth that makes a person feel that damage done to one's honour
the contentment one feels when one has fulfilled a desire, need, or expectation;
"the chef tasted the sauce with great satisfaction"
state of being gratified or satisfied;
"dull repetitious work gives no gratification"
"to my immense gratification he arrived on time"
compensation for a wrong;
"we were unable to get satisfaction from the local store"
(law) the payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation;
"the full and final satisfaction of the claim"
act of fulfilling a desire or need or appetite;
"the satisfaction of their demand for better services"
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- His face was expressive of satisfaction.
- The winner beamed with satisfaction.
- Looking at a beautiful painting always gives one satisfaction.
- The store owner received satisfaction for the damage.
- Unless you push your claims you'll get no satisfaction.
- It was a great satisfaction to have revisited our native village.
- I will dispose the matter to your satisfaction.
- It's been proved to my satisfaction that you're telling the truth.
- Can you demonstrate to our satisfaction that your story is true?
- He didn't allow himself to show his satisfaction, of course, let alone to speak of it.
- When I didn't get any satisfaction from the local people I wrote to the head office.
- He found satisfaction in music when he was lonely.
- She feels satisfaction at having her ability recognized.
- I feel great satisfaction over the way you have handled the matter.
- The teacher expressed her satisfaction at our success.
- He wrote about it, for his own satisfaction.
- It was a great satisfaction for her to know that her son was doing so well at college.
- It's a satisfaction to know that he is well again.
- Swimming was one of her greatest satisfactions.
- Your visit will be a great satisfaction to your friend.
- The man found that he had been cheated and went back to the store to demand satisfaction.
- You have insulted my wife,I demand satisfaction!
- We can resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
- All you said has been proved to my satisfaction.
- Being able to work with children is one of the greatest satisfactions of this job.
- In old age he finally had the satisfaction of seeing the quality of his work recognized.
- with satisfaction
满意地 with pleasure
- achieve satisfaction 得到满足
- afford satisfaction 使满足
- desire satisfaction 期待满足
- enjoy satisfaction 感到满足
- experience satisfaction 感到满足
- express satisfaction 表示满意
- feel satisfaction 感到满意
- find satisfaction 得到满足
- give satisfaction 使满足
- have satisfaction 得到满足
- obtain satisfaction 得以满足
- reach satisfaction 得到满足
- receive satisfaction 得到满意
- smug satisfaction 自鸣得意
- take satisfaction 感到满意
- demand satisfaction 要求赔偿
- seek satisfaction 寻求赔偿
- complete satisfaction 完全满意
- deep satisfaction 深感满意
- entire satisfaction 十分满足
- full satisfaction 完全满意
- great satisfaction 非常满意
- huge satisfaction 极大的满足
- keen satisfaction 十分满意
- physical satisfaction 肉体上的满足
- quiet satisfaction 沉默的满意
- for ones own satisfaction 自得其乐
- feeling of satisfaction 满足感
- to one's own satisfaction 使自己满意
- to the satisfaction of all 各方面都满意
- with satisfaction 满意地
- in satisfaction of the claim 作为赔偿
- satisfaction about 对…感到满意
- satisfaction at winning prize 得了奖而满意
- satisfaction from playing the piano well 钢琴弹得很好,感到满意
- satisfaction in improvement 对进步满意
- satisfaction of a desire 愿望的实现
- satisfaction of a hope 希望的实现
- satisfaction of an ambition 抱负的实现
- satisfaction of one's hunger 充饥
- satisfaction of the client 让顾客满意
- satisfaction to parents 使双亲满意
- satisfaction with the result 对结果满意
- satisfaction for a debt 对债务的偿还
- satisfaction for an insult 对侮辱的道歉
- satisfaction for the injuries 对伤害的赔偿
Taking..a personal chattel..to procure satisfaction for the wrong committed.出自： W. Blackstone
- satisfaction的基本意思是“满意”,用作不可数名词,后常接介词at, with, over, in等。
- satisfaction也可表示“赔偿或赔偿物”,用作不可数名词; 还可作“乐趣,令人高兴的事”解,这时是可数名词。satisfaction之后可接that从句作同位语。
误 He gets a lot of satisfactions from his grandchildren.
正 He gets a lot of satisfaction from his grandchildren.
误 I hope I shall do everything for your satisfaction.
正 I hope I shall do everything to your satisfaction.
析 to sb's satisfaction表示“使某人感到高兴”,是习惯用法,这里介词to不能改成for。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的satisfaction；最初源自拉丁语的satisfactionem，意为充分。