plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe
(technology) a process that acts to absorb or remove energy or a substance from a system
a depression in the ground communicating with a subterranean passage (especially in limestone) and formed by solution or by collapse of a cavern roof
a covered cistern; waste water and sewage flow into it
- It was several days before the floodwater sank and life returned to normal.
- The tanker sank and the oil polluted the sea.
- The ship struck on a rock and sank.
- The ship sank in four fathoms.
- When he left, she sank into melancholy.
- The cruiser was mined, and sank in five minutes.
- The ship sank beneath the waves.
- The ship sank 10 miles out of Stockholm.
- sink 下沉