be beset by;
"The project ran into numerous financial difficulties"
collide violently with an obstacle;
"I ran into the telephone pole"
hit against; come into sudden contact with;
"The car hit a tree"
"He struck the table with his elbow"
"I'll probably see you at the meeting"
"How nice to see you again!"
- I ran into my professor in the lounge.
- In the course of their adventures and albums they keep running into another couple of odd chaps who paired up, one from Africa and one from South America.
- The two cars bonked into each other.
- Her car came into collision with a lorry at the crossroads.
- A stream was winding its way through the valley in into the Dadu river.
- The sounds from both packs melted into unison and broke apart again, but both were getting further away.
- She came from nowhere into national fame.
- A tadpole is transformed into a frog.