- v. 轮流；(使)旋转
- adj. 车轮状的
- vt. & vi. (使)旋转或转动 (cause to) move in circles round a central point
- vt. & vi. (使)循环 (cause to) take turns or recur in a particular
turn on or around an axis or a center;
"The Earth revolves around the Sun"
"The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
exchange on a regular basis;
"We rotate the lead soprano every night"
perform a job or duty on a rotating basis;
"Interns have to rotate for a few months"
cause to turn on an axis or center;
"Rotate the handle"
"These birds can splay out their toes"
"ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession;
"We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
- The post of chairman rotates among members of the committee.
- Interns have to rotate for a few months.
- He rotates the handle gently.
- Does the earth rotate on an axis?
- rotate among (v.+prep.)
在…中轮流 take turn among sth
rotate among sb
The post of chairman rotates among members of the committee.
- rotate around (v.+prep.)
绕…运转 revolve around sth
rotate around sth
The earth rotates around the sun.
- rotate accurately 准确地旋转
- rotate alternately 交替〔轮流〕旋转
- rotate apparently 明显地旋转
- rotate constantly 不断地旋转
- rotate erratically 不规律地旋转
- rotate freely 随意地旋转
We are..going to rotate seats so..we all have a chance to sit near the guide.出自：Holiday Which?
In the six months that Spain holds the rotating EC presidency.出自：Wall Street Journal