- v. 报复；回敬
- vi. 报复，反击 do sth harmful to sb because they have harmed you first
take revenge for a perceived wrong;
"He wants to avenge the murder of his brother"
make a counterattack and return like for like, especially evil for evil;
"The Empire strikes back"
"The Giants struck back and won the opener"
"The Israeli army retaliated for the Hamas bombing"
- He sought every opportunity to retaliate on his persecutors.
- He was waiting for an opportunity to retaliate.
- He slapped his sister, who retaliated by kicking him.
- If you strike me,I shall retaliate.
Authority for retaliating some of the indignities.出自： James Mill
They used their abilities to retaliate the injury.出自： H. T. Buckle
- retaliation n. 报复，反击‖retaliative adj. 报复的，反击的‖retaliatory adj. 报复(性）的