compensation (given or received) for an insult or injury;
"an act for which there is no reparation"
(usually plural) compensation exacted from a defeated nation by the victors;
"Germany was unable to pay the reparations demanded after World War I"
the act of putting something in working order again
something done or paid in expiation of a wrong;
"how can I make amends"
- You must make reparation for the sorrow you have caused.
- Offenders should be forced to make reparation to the community.
- I must demand reparation for the injury.
- He had to make reparation from his own property.
- Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with your reparation.
You owe me something for reparation of honour.出自： Sir W. Scott