- vt. 驳斥；反驳；驳倒
- vt. 驳斥,驳倒 disprove, rebut; prove to be wrong
overthrow by argument, evidence, or proof;
"The speaker refuted his opponent's arguments"
prove to be false or incorrect
- As for the Flat Earth theory, I believe I could refute it.
- Historical facts refute such a fallacy.
- He had hardly finished when someone rose to refute his points.
- Nothing could refute her testimony that the driver was drunk.
- I was able to refute his argument.
- They refuted his wrong idea.
- We wrote a letter in reply, refuting his erroneous views.
- The Foreign Minister refuted the assertion that the developing countries are incapable of managing their industries.
- The man was completely refuted by the people present.
- The fallacies were long ago refuted to the hilt.
- The meeting was very lively and informal with everyone chipping to supplement or refute what the speakers said.
- refute an argument 驳斥一个论点
- refute an old concepts 驳倒陈旧的观点
- refute a proposal 驳斥某项提议
- refute a statement 驳斥一项声明
- refute wrong idea 驳斥错误观点
They engaged with and refuted Trotsky's arguments.出自：Oxford Art Journal