- v. 拒绝；拒付；断绝；否认
"She renounced her husband"
"The parents repudiated their son"
refuse to acknowledge, ratify, or recognize as valid;
"The woman repudiated the divorce settlement"
refuse to recognize or pay;
"repudiate a debt"
reject as untrue, unfounded, or unjust;
"She repudiated the accusations"
- The new government repudiated the treaty signed by the former government.
- He repudiated the court's decision to offer bail.
- He would repudiate all debts incurred by his son.
- She repudiated her only daughter.
- They repudiated all accusations of unlawful activity.
President Wilson had been repudiated by his own people.出自： P. H. Gibbs