of or characteristic of rats
showing signs of wear and tear;
"a ratty old overcoat"
"an old house with dirty windows and tatty curtains"
dirty and infested with rats
- We are making teenagers ratty by making them get up early.
- If I'm in a ratty mood during the workday, it 's usually because I 've been at my desk writing for too long without moving around.
- Her clothes were just plain, no logos, and they were worn, but not ratty or rags.
- He was a ratty-looking man with a thin moustache .
- He gets ratty if he doesn't get enough sleep.
The boy was in ratty jeans.出自： R. Jaffe
He slept..on her ratty old mattress.出自：New Yorker