- 敲击（声），叩击（声）， 拍击（声）
- vi. 急敲 strike quickly and lightly
- vi. 厉声说 speak severely to
a reproach for some lapse or misdeed;
"he took the blame for it"
"it was a bum rap"
a gentle blow
the sound made by a gentle blow
genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
the act of hitting vigorously;
"he gave the table a whack"
"rap him on the knuckles"
make light, repeated taps on a surface;
"he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
perform rap music
- There is a light rap at the door.
- He took a bad rap on the head when he fell.
- Louise got a bum rap for taking sides with Richard.
- The bank clerk got a rap on the knuckles for his carelessness.
- Rap enjoys universal appeal among teenage boys.
- I don't care a rap about what he says.
- The chairman rapped on the table for order.
- You also need to be able to rap.
- The matter is rather urgent, you'd better rap with her about it early.
- rap at (v.+prep.)
敲击或拍打beat on; give blows on; make a noise on sth such as a door, often with sth hard
rap at sth
There's someone rapping at the door; see who it is, will you?
We rapped at the door, but there was no answer.
It's only a branch rapping at the window, that's all.
- rap for (v.+prep.)
因…而厉声斥责某人 speak severely to sb for sth
rap sb for sth
The judge rapped the police for their treatment of the witness.
- rap on (v.+prep.)
在坚硬的表面上敲击beat on sth such as a surface with sth hard
rap on sth
Rap on the wall with the heel of your shoe, someone will surely hear and let us out.
The chairman rapped on the table for order.
- rap out (v.+adv.)
突然说或厉声说…say sth suddenly and sharply
- rap with (v.+prep.)
随便交谈,交换意见talk with sb informally, as to exchange opinions
- rap authoritatively 有威信地说
- rap furiously 剧烈急敲
- rap persistently 坚持急敲
- rap vigorously 精力充沛地急敲
- rap out 以连续的敲击声来表达; 突然说或厉声说…
I..rapped, with an upper-crust rap, on the knocker.出自： M. Amis
The English don't care a rap what you say.出自： H. James
She doesn't give a rap about him.出自： M. Mitchell
He..rapped Gil right under the base of the skull.出自： W. van T. Clark
- rap, knock, tap
- 这组词都有“敲打”的意思。它们的区别是:knock指用手、拳或其他硬的东西用力敲打; rap指用关节、棒等急速地敲,发出刺耳的声音使人们静下来; tap指用手指尖等徐徐地叩或拍。 例如:
- We rapped at the door, but there was no answer.我们笃笃地敲门,但无人回答。
- The chairman rapped on the table for order.主席敲桌子要求安静。
- She tapped her girl to let her sleep.她轻轻拍着女儿让她睡觉。
- He tapped his forehead knowingly.他会心地拍拍前额。