- v. 潜行以觅食；窥伺；逡巡于
- n. 潜行；徘徊；悄悄踱步
the act of prowling (walking about in a stealthy manner)
move about in or as if in a predatory manner;
"The suspicious stranger prowls the streets of the town"
loiter about, with no apparent aim
- Many wild animals prowl at night.
- He saw a hungry wolf on the prowl with his telescope.
- I saw someone prowling around among the trees.
- Robbers always prowl in this area, so you'd better not walk alone.
- They've even been known to stalk birds like a lion on the prowl.
- There is a fox on the prowl near the henhouse.
- Our cats go on the prowl at night, and then they sleep here all day.
A boy was prowling with a sling, prowling like a cat.出自： D. H. Lawrence
Any wild animal that might be prowling around.出自： E. Blyton
Paul prowled restlessly about the..room.出自： G. Vidal