the institution and conduct of legal proceedings against a defendant for criminal behavior
the lawyers acting for the state to put the case against the defendant
the continuance of something begun with a view to its completion
- Tony has brought a prosecution against them.
- No one should be immune from prosecution.
- Failure to pay your taxes will make you liable to prosecution.
- Mr Smith acted as counsel for the prosecution.
- The prosecution based their case on the evidence of two witnesses.
- In the prosecution of his duties, he had to interview people of all classes.
The further prosecution of the war.出自：Manchester Examiner
- suit 套装
- trial 审讯
- action 行为
- examination 考查
- hearing 听力
- tribunal 法庭
- pursuit 追求
- pursuance 追求
- criminal prosecution 刑事检控
- defense 防卫