something that is required in advance;
"Latin was a prerequisite for admission"
required as a prior condition or course of study
- Careful study of the market is a prerequisite for success.
- Good muscles are one of the prerequisites of physical fitness.
- Stability is a prerequisite for reform and development.
- A sense of humour is prerequisite to understanding her work.
- A degree is prerequisite for employment at this level.
- prerequisite course 预修课程
For the human soul to prosper in rustic life, a certain vantage-ground is prerequisite.出自： Coleridge