clean with one's bill;
"The birds preened"
pride or congratulate (oneself) for an achievement
dress or groom with elaborate care;
"She likes to dress when going to the opera"
- Juvenile king penguins preen on the shore.
- The girl is preening oneself in front of the mirror.
- She preened herself upon her beauty.
- He's always preening himself on his success.
- preen oneself on 以 ... 自豪
You got to like books, and he didna care a prin for them.出自： C. Gibbon
The feathers of these birds must be well preened to resist so much wet.出自： G. White
A duck oiled its feathers by preening.出自： P. Angadi