- n. 石膏；灰泥；膏药
- v. 涂以灰泥；敷以膏药；使 ... 平
- [U]灰泥 a substance put on walls,ceilings,etc.，which dries to form a hard smooth surface
- [U][C]膏，药膏 sticky tape used to cover a wound,etc.
- [U]石膏 a similar quick-drying substance used for supporting broken limbs,making models,etc.
- vt. 敷贴膏药；在…上涂灰泥 put wet plaster on;cover with plaster
- vt. 粘贴，使紧贴 cause to lie flat or stick to another surface with a sticky substance
a mixture of lime or gypsum with sand and water; hardens into a smooth solid; used to cover walls and ceilings
any of several gypsum cements; a white powder (a form of calcium sulphate) that forms a paste when mixed with water and hardens into a solid; used in making molds and sculptures and casts for broken limbs
a medical dressing consisting of a soft heated mass of meal or clay that is spread on a cloth and applied to the skin to treat inflamed areas or improve circulation etc.
a surface of hardened plaster (as on a wall or ceiling);
"there were cracks in the plaster"
adhesive tape used in dressing wounds
apply a heavy coat to
cover conspicuously or thickly, as by pasting something on;
"The demonstrators plastered the hallways with posters"
"She let the walls of the apartment be beplastered with stucco"
"She plastered warnings all over the wall"
apply a plaster cast to;
"plaster the broken arm"
coat with plaster;
"daub the wall"
dress by covering with a therapeutic substance
- His broken leg was encased in plaster.
- They closed the cracks in the wall with plaster.
- This plaster may crack when it dries.
- The plaster had started to come away from the wall.
- The man looks like a cartoon character with a plaster on his temple.
- Will it take long to plaster the ceiling?
- She had contrived to plaster up her wounds.
- Don't plaster your hair down (with pomade).
- He mixed up some plaster to repair the wall.
- She applied the plaster on his shoulder.
- He's got his leg in a plaster cast.
- They plastered the walls.
- The torrential rain had plastered her hair to her head.
Make a plaster model and use the..machine to translate it into marble.出自： attrib.
Frankie knew every gilded swirl and cherub, every plaster rose, every painted bulb.出自： D. Highsmith
The chimneys were usually..well plastered on the inside with clay.出自：Century Magazine
- mortar 臼
- daub 涂抹
- cover 封面
- bandage 绷带
- dressing 穿衣
- sticking plaster 橡皮膏
- surface 表面
- coat 外套
- face 表面
- adhesive bandage 胶布绷带
- covering 覆盖物
- stucco 灰泥
- cement 水泥
- roughcast 涂成粗面
- poultice 泥罨剂
- cataplasm 糊药
- dress 服装
- adobe 泥砖
- grout 薄泥浆
- clay 黏土
- overspread 覆盖
- sheathe 包
- overlay 覆盖
- superimpose 置于某物之上...
- smear 涂抹
- compress 压缩
- sinapism 芥子泥
- adhesive 有粘性的
- application 应用
- stick on 粘上
- plaster of paris 烧石膏
- adhesive plaster 橡皮膏
- beplaster 在 ... 上涂
- plasterwork 抹灰泥工作
- plaster over 厚厚地抹或粘贴...
- plasterer n. 涂灰泥工人‖plastering n. 涂灰泥‖plastery adj. 灰泥状的