sounding as if the nose were pinched;
"a whining nasal voice"
very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold;
"emaciated bony hands"
"a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"
"eyes were haggard and cavernous"
"small pinched faces"
"kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
not having enough money to pay for necessities
as if squeezed uncomfortably tight;
"her pinched toes in her pointed shoes were killing her"
- The child was crying because somebody had pinched her.
- Some so-and-so has pinched my towel.
- He pinched the child's cheek playfully.
- Her parents pinched and scraped so that she could study singing abroad.
- He was still carrying the stolen goods when he was pinched.
- The door pinched my finger as it shut.
- He was pinched with cold and hunger.
- The new shoes pinched my toes.
Her face was pinched..as if the life were being sucked out of it.出自： J. Mark
A smile transformed her pale, pinched features.出自： G. Harris
- gaunt 憔悴的
- haggard 憔悴的
- drawn 憔悴的
- pale 苍白的
- thin 薄的
- tired 疲倦的
- shrunken 缩小的
- withered 枯萎的
- wan 苍白的
- tense 紧张的
- careworn 疲倦的
- strained 紧张的
- drained 动词drain的过去式,...
- emaciated 瘦弱的
- bony 如骨的
- adenoidal 腺状肿的
- penniless 身无分文的
- wasted 浪费的
- cadaverous 像尸体的
- nasal 鼻的
- in straitened circumstances 困苦
- penurious 吝啬的
- impecunious 没有钱的
- hard up 缺（钱）
- skeletal 骨骼的