- v. 俯瞰；远眺；没注意到；忽视
- n. 忽视；远眺
- vt. 俯瞰，远眺 have or give a view of sth from above
- vt. 疏忽，忽视，忽略； 失察 pay no attention to
- vt. 原谅，不追究 forgive
a high place affording a good view
look past, fail to notice
be oriented in a certain direction;
"The house looks out on a tennis court"
"The apartment overlooks the Hudson"
leave undone or leave out;
"How could I miss that typo?"
"The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
look down on;
"The villa dominates the town"
"I am overlooking her work"
- My room overlooked the garden.
- We overlook the church from our house.
- My room overlooks the sea.
- He overlooked a spelling error on the first page.
- They overlooked the enormous risks involved.
- We are too apt to overlook our own faults.
- It was a slight overlook on my part.
- My house has a nice overlook in the hills behind it.
- We overlooked the sea.
- The neighbors in the upstairs flat overlook our garden.
- My window overlooks the pie factory.
- The attic overlooks the river.
- Our room overlooked the street.
- The balcony overlooked Belgrave Square.
- The castle overlooks the town.
- The restaurant overlooked the busy street.
- The house overlooks the great sweep of the St Lawrence river.
- The top of the hill overlooks the whole city.
- My flat overlooks the central square, so I had a ringside view of the demonstration.
- Who overlooks the work in the office?
- The foreman overlooked a large number of workers.
- Adrian seemed to have overlooked her altogether.
- Don't overlook the slower students.
- I overlooked a misspelled word.
- She overlooked the mistake in the bill.
- I am sorry I overlooked your letter.
- You can't overlook Ty's force.
- We should not overlook this possibility.
- Hospitals have tended to overlook this need.
- It is easy to overlook the significance of this change.
- He had overlooked the fact that the back door was not locked.
- How could you overlook paying the rent?
- My fault, Madam, I hope you'll overlook it.
- You've done wrong, but I will overlook it this time.
- I'll overlook your lateness this time.
- I shall overlook your disobedience this time.
- I was prepared to overlook her mistakes this time.
- I can't overlook her rudeness.
- She was prepared to overlook his faults.
- We decided to overlook his mistake.
- I will overlook your behaviour this time but don't let it happen again.
- The committee is willing to overlook your past shortcomings.
- She did not know that she was being overlooked by the woman next door.
- No nutrient is overlooked.
- They are often quite small and easily overlooked.
- These little details are easily overlooked.
- This is a fact which is easily overlooked.
- The importance of this should not be overlooked.
- The hotel features a lovely dining-room overlooking the lake.
- The hotel has a roof terrace overlooking the sea.
- The hotel was perched high on a cliff overlooking the sea.
- The house sits high on a hill overlooking a lake.
- The villa has a beautiful setting overlooking the sea.
- They built their own dream house overlooking the river.
- Conveniently overlooking the fact that she wouldn't be able to meet the commitment, she agreed enthusiastically.
- overlook from (v.+prep.)
从…俯瞰 look at sth from a high place
overlook sth from sth
He overlooked the valley from the hill.
She overlooked the vast expanse from the tower.
We can overlook the city garden from our balcony.
I could overlook “the Lake of the Isles” from my study window.
From our house on the hillside,we can overlook the whole of the harbour.
Our garden is overlooked from the neighbour's windows.
- be easy to overlook 容易忽略
- be impossible to overlook 不可能忽略
- be inclined to overlook 倾向于视而不见
- be possible to overlook 可能忽略
- be prepared to overlook 愿意不计较，愿意忽略
- be willing to overlook 愿意不计较，愿意忽略
- cannot overlook 不能忽视
- cannot afford to overlook 不能忽视
- seem to overlook 好像视而不见
- should not overlook 不应忽视
- tend to overlook 倾向于视而不见
- overlook error 忽略了错误
- overlook harbor 俯视港口
- overlook one problem 忽视了一个问题
- overlook sb's disobedience 原谅某人的不服从
- overlook sb's letter 忽略了某人的信
- overlook sb's mistake 原谅某人的过错
- overlook sea 俯视大海
- overlook the slower student 忽视后进学生
- overlook the work in the office 忽视办公室的工作
- overlook carefully 仔细检查
- overlook completely 完全忽视
- overlook conveniently 无视
- overlook delicately 灵敏地检查
- overlook easily 容易忽略
- overlook entirely 完全忽视
- overlook frequently 经常忽视
- overlook generally 普遍忽视
- overlook largely 很大程度上忽视
- overlook magnanimously 慷慨地谅解
- overlook often 经常忽视
- overlook selfishly 自私地忽略
- overlook from 从…俯视
Edward made me draw the shutters...He doesn't like being overlooked.出自： B. Bainbridge
A..living room overlooking a lawn.出自： H. Kissinger
They ate lunch overlooking the water.出自： A. Maupin
A sixth-story window that overlooks Central Park.出自： A. Miller
- overlook的基本含义是从高处向下看,即“俯视”; 也可指“忽视”，即出于无心或由于匆忙而对某人或某物未给予应有的或足够的重视、注意或忽略做某事；引申还可指“原谅”,即有意宽容别人的失误，对某一过失不多加追究。
- overlook, ignore, neglect
- ignore指有意忽视、不理睬;neglect指因不留心或遗忘而疏忽,有时也指故意不予注意；而overlook既指出于无心或由于匆忙未能注意到而忽略做某事， 也指有意原谅、宽容别人的失误。例如:
- I was deeply hurt by the way she just ignored me.她根本就不理睬我的样子深深地刺痛了我的心。
- Don't neglect to lock the door when you leave.你离开时,不要忘记锁门。
- Forgetting one or two small details is one thing, but neglecting the major responsibilities of your job is something else again.忘记一两个细节是一回事,可是忽视你工作的主要职责又是另一回事了。
- In doing proof-reading, I overlooked a typing error.在校对时我看漏了一个打字错误。
- I'll overlook your fault this time.这一回我宽容你的错误。
- overlook, slight
- 这两个词都可表示“无视”。slight多指有意地“无视”,即“蔑视”; overlook多指无意地“无视”,即“忽视”。例如：
- He slighted no one.他不轻视任何人。
- I overlooked this problem and shall have to tackle it now.我忽略了这个问题,现在不得不解决它。
- have a view of
- leave out
- let pass
- look at
- look on to
- look over
- pass over
- pay no attention to
- turn a blind eye to above
- notice 注意