having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;
"some economists are disdainful of their colleagues in other social disciplines"
"his lordly manners were offensive"
"walked with a prideful swagger"
"very sniffy about breaches of etiquette"
"his mother eyed my clothes with a supercilious air"
"a more swaggering mood than usual"
- His imperious look makes us angry.
- We all dislike her for her imperious gesture.
- All his imperious orders were obeyed.
- The doll is one of the most imperious needs and, at the same time, one of the most charming instincts of feminine childhood.
There were signs of an imperious, a peremptory temper, an egotism that was strong and hard.出自： L. Strachey
- domineering 专横的
- haughty 傲慢的
- overbearing 傲慢的
- arrogant 傲慢的
- pressing 紧迫的
- compelling 引人注目的
- imperative 紧要的
- critical 批评的
- necessary 必要的
- urgent 紧急的
- crucial 决定性的
- authoritative 权威性的
- commanding 指挥的
- superior 上级
- high-handed 高压的
- bossy 专横的
- masterful 傲慢的
- swaggering 动词swagger的现在...
- disdainful 鄙视的
- lordly 高傲的
- prideful 自傲的
- sniffy 嗤之以鼻的
- supercilious 目中无人的