a mistake resulting from neglect
something that has been omitted;
"she searched the table for omissions"
any process whereby sounds or words are left out of spoken words or phrases
neglecting to do something; leaving out or passing over something
- She complained about the omission of her name from the list.
- One day you will have to answer to your leader for your sins of omission.
- Your failing to note her mistakes is a serious omission.
- The play is shorten by the omission of two scenes .
- A discussion is devoted to the supplementation and omission of words or phrases in Chinese-English translation.
- Many browsers make good guesses when confronted with missing tags, leading the document author to assume that a valid omission was made.
It was an omission that would have to be remedied.出自： H. E. Bates