- Nation Union of Teachers (英国)全国教师联合会
- [C]坚果 fruit consisting of a hard shell with a kernel inside it that can be eaten
- [C]螺母,螺帽 small piece of metal with a hole through the centre, used for screw-ing onto a bolt to secure it
- [C]头 head
- [C]怪人,疯子; 入迷的人 foolish, eccentric or mad person; person very interested in sth
usually large hard-shelled seed
Egyptian goddess of the sky
a small (usually square or hexagonal) metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt
half the width of an em
a whimsically eccentric person
someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction;
"a golf addict"
"a car nut"
"a bodybuilding freak"
"a news junkie"
one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens;
"she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- He carefully cracked a nut and then give it to me.
- The little boy is trying to crack the shell open to get at the nut
- When we turn the nut, we raise or lower the bob.
- He soon came up with a nut which had fallen off.
- She's a tough nut to crack; I don't think she'll give us permission.
- The kids are nutting in the forest like squirrels.
- The nuts are pressed for their vegetable oil, which ends up as margarine.
- The monkey held the nuts between his hands.
- These little animals gather nuts from the ground in the autumn, and store them for the winter.
- He gave me a nut.
- A bowl of nuts stood on the table.
- We could not understand why he went to so much trouble for a single nut.
- There was something wrong in his nut.
- The monkey took up perching on my nut.
- He's a bit of nut.
- She's a Cheng Long nut, she's seen all his films.
- a hard〔tough〕 nut (to crack)
难以说服、影响的人 person who is difficult to persuade, influence, etc.
- be nuts about
热恋; 迷恋 be very much in love with sb/sth
- not for nuts
一点也不 not at all
- off one's nut
- the nuts and bolts
〈口〉基本要点 basic practical details
- butterfly nut 蝶形螺母
- nut college 疯人院
My Lord of Rothsay who..was cracking nuts with a strolling musician.出自： Sir W. Scott
People couldn't gather nuts and berries without baskets.ssBrazil-nutss, sscashew-nutss, sshazelnutss, sspeanutss, sspistachio nutss, etc.出自： P. Benson
A schoolboy who goes nutting in the wood.出自： Ld Macaulay
- 在俚语中, nut也可作“头,脑袋”解; 还可作“怪人,疯子,入迷的人”解,常用于贬义。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hnutu，意为坚果。