(figurative) something that hinders or handicaps;
"she was an albatross around his neck"
any load that is difficult to carry
one of a pair of heavy flat disk-shaped stones that are rotated against one another to grind the grain
- He is picking the surface of a millstone.
- Didn't a woman throw an upper millstone on him from the wall, so that he died in Thebez?
- His son is a millstone around his neck.
- between the upper and nether millstone 在上下两片磨石之间,...
- a millstone round one's neck 套在身上的沉重负担...
- fix a millstone about one's neck 把磨石套在脖子上...
- millstone grit 磨石砂砾
- millstone mill 磨石碾磨机,盘磨,石...
- bottom millstone [机] 底石, 底梁...
- upper millstone 上磨盘
- a millstone about one's neck 重大的责任
- see into a millstone 眼光锐利(明察秋毫)...
- millstone cutter 磨盘上的刻槽...
- hang a millstone round one's neck 把磨石套在脖子上...
- have a millstone about one's neck 把磨石套在脖子上...
- fix a millstone round one's neck 把磨石套在脖子上...
- have a millstone round one's neck 把磨石套在脖子上...
- hard as the nether millstone 冷酷无情的
- as hard as the nether millstone 铁石心肠的
- look into a millstone 具有特殊的洞察力,有...
- see through a millstone 眼光锐利(明察秋毫)...
- look through a millstone 明察秋毫
109 Holden Road was a millstone rather than an asset.出自： F. Weldon
The problems of Ethiopia and its hapless peoples, caught between the millstones of natural disaster and international politics.出自： B. Geldof