knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote;
"early peoples passed on plant and animal lore through legend"
- The older man has gypsy lore.
- I will seek and question him of his lore.
- Tribal lore and custom have been passed down orally.
- They learned the lore of herbs from their ancestors.
- Early peoples passed on plant and animal lore through legend.
- Have you heard the Celtic lore?
- In Gnostic lore, Sophia was the mother of all angels.
We have learnt A different lore.出自： Coleridge
In the Cross we found our pulpit, In the Seven great Words, our lore.出自： J. M. Neale