form a line;
"The buildings all line up neatly"
get something or somebody for a specific purpose;
"I found this gadget that will serve as a bottle opener"
"I got hold of these tools to fix our plumbing"
"The chairman got hold of a secretary on Friday night to type the urgent letter"
form a queue, form a line, stand in line;
"Customers lined up in front of the store"
place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight;
"align the car with the curb"
"align the sheets of paper on the table"
arrange in ranks;
take one's position before a kick-off
- We lined up to buy tickets.
- Line up these men and see if the witness can recognize the criminal.
- He's lined up a live band for the party.
- Who have you lined up to speak at the meeting?
- The radio station tried to line up a few senators for the panel.