英 [ɪn'sɜːdʒənsi] 美 [ɪn'sɜːrdʒənsi]
- n. 起义；暴动；叛乱
an organized rebellion aimed at overthrowing a constituted government through the use of subversion and armed conflict
- The insurgency against Indian rule in Kashmir had recently gone quiet.
- Baluchistan is racked with a separatist insurgency.
- As insurgency engulfed the Americans, supply convoys became a favourite target.
- The Sunni Arab insurgency was running in high gear.
- He also said Iraq's insurgency cannot be defeated by military means alone.
Fortified villages such as the British had used against the Communist insurgency in Malaya.出自： F. Fitzgerald