in a hopeless manner;
"the papers were hopelessly jumbled"
"he is hopelessly romantic"
in a dispirited manner without hope;
"the first Mozartian opera to be subjected to this curious treatment ran dispiritedly for five performances"
without hope; desperate because there seems no possibility of comfort or success;
"he hung his head hopelessly"
"`I must die,' he said hopelessly"
- They were hopelessly deadlocked in almost total differences of opinionoutlook.
- He reached out hopelessly, like a drowning man grabbing at sticks and straws.
- The self-style decadent insists on lying down in the belief that he is hopelessly paralyzed.
- By this time, he was hopelessly pickled.
- He's hopelessly inefficient, but I suppose he means well.
- hopeless 没有希望的
- in despair 失望地
- despairingly 绝望地
- despondently 沮丧地
- desperately 拼命地
- forlornly forlorn的副词形式...
- miserably 悲惨地
- bleakly 风吹雨打地
- terribly 可怕地
- badly 差的
- completely 完全地
- totally 完全
- utterly 完全
- awfully 非常地
- very 很
- dispiritedly 没精神地
- hopefully 怀着希望地