- 诚实的,正直的 honest; upright
- 尊敬的,高尚的 respectable; noble
worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect;
"an honorable man"
"led an honorable life"
"honorable service to his country"
adhering to ethical and moral principles;
"it seems ethical and right"
"followed the only honorable course of action"
- She is the most decent and honourable young lady that I have ever met.
- I hope to find an honourable way of settling difficulties.
- He informed the bridegroom that he was the son of worthy parents and was engaged in an honourable profession.
- They have concluded an honourable peace.
- He is one of my honourable friends.
- He has an honourable duty in the university.
- He is descended from an honourable family.
- These businessmen are both competitive and honourable.
- They are honourable in their dealings.
- He is the most honourable of men.
The soul which came from heaven is more honourable than the body which is earth-born.出自： B. Jowett
- honourable, ethical, moral, righteous, virtuous
- 这组词都含有“有道德的”的意思。moral与ethical有时可以互换, moral着重指个人的言行符合严格的道德标准; ethical着重指公共道德、伦理道德; honourable是普通用语,主要指在与他人交往过程中,光明正大、讲道德、守原则、有信誉; righteous主要指具有严格的道德标准,通常指“一本正经的,古板的”,含有不能容忍的意味; virtuous主要指“贞洁的”,私生活中没有污点的,是比较严肃的用语。