- (指声音)粗哑的，嘶哑的 (of the voice) rough and harsh
deep and harsh sounding as if from shouting or illness or emotion;
"the dog's gruff barking"
"makes all the instruments sound powerful but husky"
- The hoarse tenor singer mucked up the recital.
- Tom whooped until he was hoarse, but it was of no use.
- We shouted ourselves hoarse at the football match.
- After you were gone, I heard hoarse and angry screams;
- He has a sore throat and a hoarse voice.
- I shouted till I became hoarse.
- He was hoarse from a cold.
Cloisterham, with its hoarse cathedral bell.出自： Dickens
The hoarse sound of the sea surging amongst the rocks.出自： Ouida
She lay..feverish and restless, while her hoarse breathing could be heard all over the house.出自： L. M. Montgomery
I have been calling until I am hoarse.出自： I. Compton
He grins, and drinks wine to soothe a voice hoarse from poetry readings.出自： R. Owen