a barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting air
a frame of iron bars to hold a fire
optical device consisting of a surface with many parallel grooves in it; disperses a beam of light (or other electromagnetic radiation) into its wavelengths to produce its spectrum
unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound;
"a gravelly voice"
- From the cellar grating floated up the flabby gush of porter.
- A face leered at him through a grating in a door.
- The grating are made of rods or wire.
- As he spoke there was the sharp sound of horses' hoofs and grating wheels against the cub, followed by a sharp pull at the bell.
- Evil though she was, you would have been sorry to see her hideous white skin and hear her grating voice.
- grate 栅
- transmission grating 透射光栅
- wood grating 木制格子板
- radial grating 辐向光栅,径向光栅...
- replica grating 复制光栅
- air grating 气孔炉篦
- plane grating 平面光栅
- grating generator 交叉线(状图案)信号...
- sound grating 声栅
- crystal grating 晶格
- grating constant 点阵常数,光栅常数,...
- concave grating 凹光栅
- reflection grating 反射光栅
- echelette grating 小阶梯光栅
- diffraction grating 衍射光栅
- drain grating 拦污栅,排水沟栅...
- grating space 晶面距离,栅线间距...
- echelon grating 阶梯光栅
The only fresh air came from a window which opened up to a pavement grating.出自： F. Raphael
The first time I saw him through a grating in the door.出自： B. Bainbridge