not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure
resisting weight or pressure
very strong or vigorous
characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort
produced without vibration of the vocal cords
(of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
(of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum
given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors
being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content
unfortunate or hard to bear
- The worker taps the stone with a harder stone, carefully chipping off stone flakes until the stone has been properly shaped.
- Now I've found it harder to agree with the policies of any one party.
- If you have other people working on your game project too, it becomes harder to explain ideas and keep everyone in sync.
- We must amplify our effort by working a lot harder.
- Were I in school again, I would work harder.