- n. 一半；下半场；半学年
- adj. 一半的；不完全的
- adv. 一半地；不完全地
- [A]一半的,半个的 equal to either of two equal parts
- [C]半,一半 one of two equal parts
- 一半 to the extent of half
- 部分地 partly
one of two equal parts of a divisible whole;
"half a loaf"
"half an hour"
"a century and one half"
one of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity;
"a half chicken"
"lasted a half hour"
"gave me a half smile"
"he did only a half job"
(of siblings) related through one parent only;
"a half brother"
partially or to the extent of a half;
"he was half hidden by the bushes"
- Half of them are here.
- At best we can do only half as much as last year.
- The game didn't heat up until the second half.
- The team recovered its lead in the second half.
- I have to spend half in studying the experiment in campus lab.
- Half the car was damaged.
- Mr Brown holds a half share in the business.
- A half truth is often no better than a lie.
- The girl left her homework half done.
- These potatoes are only half cooked.
- half the battle
成功的一半the biggest part of the difficulty finished
- and a half
非同小可的,十分精彩of more than usual importance, excellence, size, etc.
- by halves
部分地,不完全地in part; incompletely
- not half
非常,极其the greatest possible extent
- not half as
远远不,几乎不 not nearly as
Then thou shalte see me on the backe halfe.出自： Sir T. More
His victory..had deprived him of half his influence.出自： Ld Macaulay
Keats spent half the year at his side.出自： J. M. Murry
Sickness benefit; half wages; incapacity; the management regrets.出自： G. Greene
The Norfolk was half a mile further on.出自： W. Boyd
If you are half the woman I take you to be, you will understand this.出自： fig.