to offer or accept a challenge;
"threw down the gauntlet"
"took up the gauntlet"
a glove of armored leather; protects the hand
a glove with long sleeve
a form of punishment in which a person is forced to run between two lines of men facing each other and armed with clubs or whips to beat the victim
- Motorcyclists with leather gauntlets are waiting for the start of the game.
- He was quick to take up the gauntlet thrown down by the opposition.
- The hostages ran the gauntlet of insult on their way to the airport.
- run the gauntlet 受到严厉批评(受夹道...
- take up the gauntlet 应战(护卫)
- throw down the gauntlet 挑战(邀请比赛)...
- pick up the gauntlet 应战(护卫)
- cast the gauntlet 挑战,邀请某人参加比...
- fling the gauntlet 挑战,邀请某人参加比...
- rubber gauntlet 长筒橡皮手套...
- gauntlet bandage [医] 手套式绷带...
- fling down the gauntlet 挑战(邀请比赛)...
- chrome leather gauntlet 铬革长手套
- gantlet 长手套