- v. 预言；预告；预示
foreshadow or presage
make a prediction about; tell in advance;
"Call the outcome of an election"
indicate by signs;
"These signs bode bad news"
- We can't foretell how the world will end.
- She claims to be psychic and to be able to foretell the future.
- The outcome of the war is hard to foretell.
- Since I cannot foretell things like a prophet, I cannot help taking a small loss.
- Dreams often foretell many important things.
It is impossible to foretell the future with any degree of accuracy.出自： E. M. Forster