- [C]脚步(声) (the sound of) a person's step
- [C]一步的距离 the distance covered by one step
the sound of a step of someone walking;
"he heard footsteps on the porch"
the act of taking a step in walking
the distance covered by a step;
"he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- The store is just a footstep away.
- I heard his footsteps in the hall.
- There are many footsteps in the snow.
- Her footsteps were clearly marked in the snow.
- He heard soft footsteps coming up the stair.
- The servant walked two or three footsteps behind his master.