- Far Infra Red & Sub Telescope 远红外和亚毫米波望远镜，欧空天文卫星
- 第一(个人或事物) first person or thing mentioned or occurring
- 第一,最早,首先 before anything else; before the others
- 首次 for the first time
- 宁愿 more willingly
- [A]第一的; 最初的; 最早的; 最先的; 第一流的; 最重要的 coming before all others in time, order, importance, etc.
- 一点也不 not even one
the first or highest in an ordering or series;
"He wanted to be the first"
the first element in a countable series;
"the first of the month"
the time at which something is supposed to begin;
"they got an early start"
"she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
an honours degree of the highest class
the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
preceding all others in time or space or degree;
"the first house on the right"
"the first day of spring"
"his first political race"
"her first baby"
"the first time"
"the first meetings of the new party"
"the first phase of his training"
indicating the beginning unit in a series
serving to set in motion;
"the magazine's inaugural issue"
"the initiative phase in the negotiations"
"an initiatory step toward a treaty"
"his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"
"the liner's maiden voyage"
serving to begin;
"the beginning canto of the poem"
"the first verse"
ranking above all others;
"was first in her class"
"the foremost figure among marine artists"
"the top graduate"
highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections;
"the first violin section"
"played first horn"
before anything else;
"first we must consider the garter snake"
the initial time;
"when Felix first saw a garter snake"
before another in time, space, or importance;
"I was here first"
"let's do this job first"
"he put his best foot foremost"
- He was the first to be there.
- He came too late to see the first part of the show.
- First of all she just smiled, then she started to laugh.
- No matter it is windy or rainy,he always comes first.
- What were your first impressions of Beijing?
- Speech is learnt in the first years of life.
- The first time I saw seals was in an aquarium.
- This is my first crack at cooking.
- at first
起初,当初 at or in the beginning
- from the first
从头,从一开始 from the beginning
- first and foremost
首要的 more than anything else
- first and last
考虑到一切因素; 完全地 taking everything into account; completely
- first of all
首先before doing anything else
- first or last
迟早sooner or later
- first aid 急救
- first importance 头等重要
- first light 天刚亮时
- first name 名字
- first person〔place, time〕 第一人称〔名,次〕
- first principles 基本原理
- stand first in the class 在班上名列第一
Each of the six first lines of the Iliad might lose two syllables.出自： S. Johnson
Mr Clare..whose first wife had died..married a second late in life.出自： T. Hardy
I thought of the first sheep I ever remember seeing.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
An April evening..the big trees in first leaf.出自： I. Murdoch
Memories from my first two years.出自： Day Lewis
For the first few years of his working life..he had had to work every second Saturday.出自： G. Gordon