an area near a fireplace (usually paved and extending out into a room);
"they sat on the hearth and warmed themselves before the fire"
home symbolized as a part of the fireplace;
"driven from hearth and home"
"fighting in defense of their firesides"
- Fire is good for the fireside.
- He sat by the fireside drinking coffee.
- Far away from home, the overseas student dreamt of returning to his own fireside.
- In England they became fireside favourites.
- President Roosevelt in 1940 has published the famous "fireside chats".
Fireside chats from Number 10 Downing Street.出自：Observer
He talked of his private meetings with Gorbachev..the 'fireside summit'.出自：New Yorker